Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Are you scared? ...part 1

So I'm almost overwhelmingly excited about this opportunity to life and work abroad for two years, but there are a few apprehensions I have about the whole thing and I'll go ahead and air some of those...

I'm worried about making decisions completely on my own. From what I understand, we will be serving in a town with no other Peace Corps volunteers. I'm a little worried about the loneliness of the whole thing, but what troubles me more is the idea that when difficult decisions arise, that those I trust the most won't be there to offer guidance and exhortation.

On the flip side this is one of the things I am looking forward to most. I'll be forced to grow whether I like it or not and won't have the ability to pass off the decision to a friend or family member. Maybe, just maybe I'll be able to stand my ground and face the adversity that is sure to meet me...

... and hopefully I'll make it out on the other side a better person for it.

1 comment:

Ann said...

true this is.

noble your intentions.

probable the result.